Today was more productive. I organized the freezer, noting what was in there on an app I have used for years, but never kept up with it. Maybe this time. I also made hamburger buns and filled the hummingbird feeder. And finished laundry from yesterday.
Today’s delights included:
- The first really ripe fig that the birds did not find first that Dean and I shared for a lunch treat.
- The glorious weather! I think the Capital Weather Gang called it delightful (and if they didn’t, they should have).
- The way the hummingbird patiently waited on a nearby branch of the rose of sharon while I poured nectar (one part sugar four parts water, NO DYE!) into the feeder, then flew to the feeder as soon as I was back in the house.
- The cicada that landed in the same rose of sharon while I ate my oatmeal this morning, close enough for me to see its black eyes. It seemed to listen as I told it I was very much looking forward to its red-eyed cousins’ visit next spring.
- The oddly large splotch of rainbow all the way across the room from my large faceted crystal that sits on the window sill.
- The goldfinches feasting on the spent zinnias (glad I didn’t deadhead them today like I planned).
- The PDF of the Mura board that Tim sent today with all the kind words from my colleagues.