After our Tybee Island trip, I went through a spell of not reading for a while. I read a lot while I was there, then lost my taste for it when we got home. I finally (and delightfully) feel like reading again.
Here’s a list of books I’ve found delightful over the past few weeks/months:
- The Nest by Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney
- How to Stop Time by Matt Haig
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- The Lemoncholy Life of Annie Aster by Scott Wilbanks
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
Right now I am reading News of the World by Paulette Jiles on Kindle and Audible and Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer — hardcopy.
I finished listening to A River Runs Through It — a book I bought on Audible back in 2013 when Clare and I drove through Missoula. I didn’t realize it was really just a [long] short story. There are two other stories on that recording that I doubt I will listen to.