Today is the first day of [meteorological] summer. I’m delighted. I love summer. I’ll also get to use this delight again on June 20, the astronomical first day of summer this year.
I also received my first StitchFix in over a year. I was delighted to see they sell NYDJ* and signed up for a Fix just because of that (and because I like surprises). I also bought a pair of NYDJ jeans and a pair of ballet slipper shoes last month. I’m sending everything except the jeans and a comfortable bra. All the clothes were adorable, just not on me.
*Funny story: I’ve been wearing NYDJ jeans for a few years. The style fit me perfectly and didn’t have a low rise. Because I’ve been wearing them daily for over two years, they are kind of falling apart. I went to the store where I bought one pair and they didn’t have that style. I went to another store and same story. Turns out that style has been discontinued. In the second store the conversation went like this:
- Me: Hi, do you still sell these jeans, pointing at my leg. The brand is New York something. DJ???
- Salesclerk: Not Your Daughter’s Jeans?
- Me: No, New York something jeans.
- Salesclerk: NYDJ?
- Me: Yes. New York DJ
- Salesclerk: Yes, Not Your Daughter’s Jeans
- Me: Ha! And here I thought they were fancy New York designer jeans. That’s embarrassing.
- Salesclerk: No problem. And we don’t have any right now. Maybe later in the summer.