We spent the past eight days settling back into our normal routines. Dean working long hours, me puttering around the house. There were a few delights though:
- Getting texts from Clare on her westward train trip — the photo at the top is from her trip from somewhere in the Midwest.
- Hello Fresh meals. The buffalo chicken was really good.
- Atypical — we really like that Netflix show and [gasp!] sometimes watch more than one episode a night!
- Weeding the wildflower garden. I finally figured out what was a weed and what was a wildflower and pulled up the weeds. Unfortunately I accidently pulled up some phlox so I put it in a small bud vase (actually old medicine bottle) and took a photo of that. I also cut some black-eyed Susan. (photos below)
- Organizing — I seem to be in an organizing groove and have gone through a few boxes that were cluttering up my study. I think this will last, as long as my languishing stays away.
- Sleep — I’ve gotten some really good sleep lately and only twice neglected to sleep through the night.
- This blog — after this post I will be caught up.
- Making arrangements to visit people on our trip to the Midwest — I’m lunching with two favorite cousins, we’re meeting up with family friends (and showing Alex the alpacas) and visiting with our nephew, Danny and his family.
- Talking to Clare on her actual birthday.
One thought on “Days 334-341: Back to Normal”
Beautiful flowers. And there’s nothing like the feeling of satisfaction after getting things organised.