I started this blog a year ago and sort of kept it up. I feel accomplished that I didn’t abandon it, especially on days I was languishing. After all, even Ross Gay didn’t list a delight every day in The Book of Delights.
I think the blog has helped me become more aware of the delights in my life and I won’t abandon looking for them and even writing about them sometimes — most likely on Clutch Cargo Lips.
Delights today included:
- An email from a book group member whose turn it is to host next month. She chose Aimee Nezhukumatathil‘s World of Wonders: In Praise of Fireflies, Whale Sharks, and Other Astonishments, a book I mentioned early on in this blog and said I thought I’d read it after attending a Zoom “conversation” between Gay and Nezhukumatathil. In a way, my reading will have come full-circle.
- Walking downstairs after waking up and seeing that Dean had put Happy Birthday by the Beatles on loop on the kitchen Echo device.
- A delightful email from my son’s delightful future mother-in-law (also my future daughter-in-law’s mother).
- Texts and messages from friends
- Discovering that contrary to what I was recently told, my grandparent’s cabin in Chetek is still standing.
- A visit to downtown Bethesda that, while maybe not delightful was not dreadful
- Dean’s gift to me: a Notorious RBG bobblehead
- A delightful visit with Andrew and Alex
- Discovering that turning 65 is not as bad as it seems
3 thoughts on “The End of the Blog of Delights”
I have SO enjoyed these many peeks into your mostly delightful sounding life. And I think you and Dean deserve your own bobbleheads.
I love your two bobbleheads. And your birthday sounded as if it was full of delights. What a perfect way to end this blog. I have both thoroughly enjoyed it, and ardently admired your dedication and discipline in writing it. Well done!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I have in fact read through this, at last, finishing a couple of days ago. Thoroughly enjoyed it and was surprised to find myself IN it a couple of times—thank you! Still need to catch up at CCL (at least, I’m guessing I do). Working working…thank you for all. So many exciting things happening in your life right now.